Friends of Pinner Wood School
The Friends of Pinner Wood is made up of parents, carers, staff and governors who volunteer their time to help:
- Raise funds for the school;
- Raise the profile of the school in the local community;
- Create opportunities for parents to meet other parents and members of staff.
To arrange and deliver enjoyable, inclusive events for all the family throughout the school year. Previous events have included International Evenings, Discos, Bake Sales, Charity Step Challenge, Coin Collections as well as our annual Autumn, Christmas and Summer Fairs.
All the money raised from events goes straight to the school and pays for equipment and infrastructure that benefit the majority of the children at the school.
How to get involved
As a family at Pinner Wood, you are automatically part of The Friends of Pinner Wood. The success of our events and fundraising ability is based on the support and help of the Pinner Wood community and any support you would like to offer is very much appreciated.
You can choose how to volunteer your time – from sparing an hour to helping run a stall at an event; to baking a cake to sell; or coming along to our meetings to share your thoughts and ideas.
Please note, our meetings are relaxed and therefore young children are very welcome to come along. We aim to alternate our meetings between virtual and face-to-face to be as inclusive as possible for all families.
If you are a local business that is able to offer sponsorship, or support with a donation, please do get in touch. You can contact us via email email@example.com
Chair – Neesha Patel
Secretary – Shabrina Khan
Treasurer – Ruby Kamaly
Volunteer Co-ordinator - Rupal Mepani
Other supporting members:
Anjli Kothary, Brooke Kidd, Dana Even-Chen, Dipika Lakhani, Flora Richards, Jane Haskey, Lisa Jade Cesar, Luis Martinez Arnal, Kirt Chana, Nahreen Salam, Rebecca Stone, Sakina Bhimani, Somaiya Khan-Piachaud and Vanessa Berle
Balance of funds at the start of the 2022/2023 school year was: £17,972.35
|Car Boot Sale
|Total Funds Raised
Funds were used to:
- Purchase and install the climbing frame in Year 5/6 playground (£14,500)
- Fund a school-wide farm day (£3,000)
- Subsidise the Year 6 trip to the theatre to watch The Lion King (£2,000)
- Contribute to Year 6 Isle of Wight trip (£2,000) to support families in need of financial support
- Organise a KS1 STEM Lego activity day (£1,500)
- Purchase parking aids to remind families of safe parking for children around the school (£750)
- Ensure every child leaving Year 6 was able to receive a leavers hoodie (£621)
- Support the Year 6 Business Enterprise seed money (£300)
Balance of funds at the start of the 2023/2024 school year was: £4,374.42
So far in 2023/2024, we have committed to:
- Subsidise the Year 6 trip to the theatre to watch Matilda (£2,000)
Easy Fundraising Opportunities
As well as supporting and attending our events, here are a few ways you can help raise funds for the school for FREE!!!
Easy fundraising turns your everyday online shopping into free donations when you sign up and register to support Pinner Wood School.
- Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk and create an account, this is free and easy to do!
- Register that you are supporting Pinner Wood School
- Choose your retailer and start shopping *Please note some retailers only offer donations to new customers
- You can set reminders on your computer so you remember to shop via Easyfundraising. Just start your online shopping first at easyfundraising, then shop as normal. Retailers will then make a small donation to say “thank you”.
- There’s over 6,057 retailers to choose from!
Easy2name are a personalised name label company ideal for labelling all your school items.
They offer 20% money back on all purchases. All you have to do is enter our unique code: Pinner Wood School HA5 at the check-out.