Friends of Pinner Wood School
The Friends of Pinner Wood is made up of parents, carers, staff and governors who volunteer their time to help:
- Raise funds for the school;
- Raise the profile of the school in the local community;
- Create opportunities for parents to meet other parents and members of staff.
To arrange and deliver enjoyable, inclusive events for all the family throughout the school year. Previous events have included International Evenings, Christmas Light Trail, Discos, Bake Sales, Charity Step Challenge, Coin Collections as well as our annual Autumn, Christmas and Summer Fairs.
All the money raised from events goes straight to the school and pays for equipment and infrastructure that benefit the majority of the children at the school.
How to get involved
As a family at Pinner Wood, you are automatically part of The Friends of Pinner Wood. The success of our events and fundraising ability is based on the support and help of the Pinner Wood community and any support you would like to offer is very much appreciated.
You can choose how to volunteer your time – from sparing an hour to helping run a stall at an event; to baking a cake to sell; or coming along to our monthly meetings to share your thoughts and ideas.
Please note, our meetings are relaxed and therefore young children are very welcome to come along. We aim to alternate our monthly meetings between virtual and face-to-face to be as inclusive as possible for all families.
If you are a local business that is able to offer sponsorship, or support with a donation, please do get in touch.
You can contact us via email email@example.com
Chair – Neesha Patel
Secretary – Shabrina Khan
Treasurer – Ruby Kamaly
Volunteer Co-ordinator - Rupal Mepani
Other supporting members:
Brooke Kidd, Clare Harris, Dana Even-Chen, Emma Quirke, Georgina Lennon, Jane Haskey, Luis Martinez Arnal, Priya Aiynkkaran, Priya Chandarana, Purvi Patel, Rebecca Stone, Roopal Sheth, Sakina Bhimani, Somaiya Khan-Piachaud, Vanessa Berle, Yamini Sharma, and Zeeshaan Rahman.
Balance of funds at the start of the 2022/2023 school year was: £17,972.35.
Fundraising by the Friends of Pinner Wood provides equipment and infrastructure to the school, based on their needs and requirements.
Some of the items we have funded in recent years include:
- Phase 1 of the Year 5/6 playground (£15,000)
- The new forest school area and seating area (£4,000)
- The purchase of new interactive white boards (£5,000)
- Support for the Year 6 Business Enterprise Project (£500)
- Circus workshop (£330)
- Zoom call with Santa (£50)
Easy Fundraising Opportunities
As well as supporting and attending our events, here are a few ways you can help raise funds for the school for FREE!!!
Easy fundraising turns your everyday online shopping into free donations when you sign up and register to support Pinner Wood School.
- Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk and create an account, this is free and easy to do!
- Register that you are supporting Pinner Wood School
- Choose your retailer and start shopping *Please note some retailers only offer donations to new customers
- You can set reminders on your computer so you remember to shop via Easyfundraising. Just start your online shopping first at easyfundraising, then shop as normal. Retailers will then make a small donation to say “thank you”.
- There’s over 6,057 retailers to choose from!
Easy2name are a personalised name label company ideal for labelling all your school items.
They offer 20% money back on all purchases. All you have to do is enter our unique code: Pinner Wood School HA5 at the check-out.