Friends of Pinner Wood School
The Friends of Pinner Wood is made up of parents, carers, staff and governors who volunteer their time to help:
- Raise funds for the school
- Raise the profile of the school in the local community
- Create opportunities for parents to meet other parents and members of staff
To arrange and deliver fun, enjoyable and inclusive events for all the family throughout the
school year. Previous events have included a Barn Dance, Bollywood Night, Mother’s and
Father’s Day sales, Discos, Coin Collections along with our annual Christmas Market and
Summer Fair. All the money raised from events goes straight to the school and pays for
extras that the majority of children at the school benefit from.
How to get involved
As a family at Pinner Wood you are automatically part of The Friends of Pinner Wood. Any
additional support you would like to offer is much appreciated – you choose how much time
you can afford…from sparing an hour to helping run a stall at an event; to baking a cake to
sell; through to coming along to meetings to share your thoughts. Please note our meetings
are relaxed and therefore young children are very welcome to come along.
You can contact us via email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair – Neesha Patel
Secretary – Shabrina Khan
Treasurer – Ruby Kamaly
Volunteer Co-ordinater - Rupal Mepani
Other supporting members
Dana Even-Chen – Heather Richardson – Somaiya Khan-Piachaud – Georgina Lennon – Priya Chandarana – Rebecca Stone – Sakini Bhimani – Zeeshaan Rahman – Luis Martinez Arnal – Vanessa Berle – Roopal Sheth – Brooke Kidd – Clare Harris – Jane Haskey – Yamini Sharma – Priya Aiynkkaran – Purvi Patel
Balance of funds at the start of the 2020/2021 school year was: £11,265.13
We have since supported:
- The new forest school area and seating area on the year 5/6 playground (£5,000)
- The purchase of new interactive white boards (£4,000 so far and more to follow)
- Circus workshop (£396)
- A call to action - how you can help raise funds now for FREE!!!
Amazon Smile is the charity arm of Amazon and they will make a 0.5% donation on all eligible purchases
direct to Friends of Pinner Wood . Access it directly through Amazons gifting and charity section on their main menu and search Friends of Pinner Wood School. You will then be able to chose it as your chosen charity and donations will automatically be sent from Amazon at no cost to yourself.
If adding from your amazon app follow the below tutorial:
Easy fundraising turns your everyday online shopping into free donations when you sign up and register to support Pinner Wood School.
- Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk and create an account, this is free and easy to do. Register that you are supporting Pinner Wood School so they know where to send the money!
- Choose your retailer and start shopping *Please note some retailers only offer donations to new customers
- You can set reminders on your computer so you remember to shop via Easyfundraising.Just start your online shopping first at easyfundraising, then shop as normal. Retailers will then make a small donation to say “thank you”.
- There’s over 6,057 retailers to choose from!
Easy2name are a personalised name label company ideal for labelling all your school items.
They offer 20% money back on all purchases. All you have to do is enter our unique code: Pinner Wood School HA5 at the check out.