Pinner Wood Governing Body
The Governing Body at Pinner Wood is made up of a team of committed staff, parents and members of the local community who have responsibility for raising school standards through their three core functions of:
- Ensuring a clear vision, ethos and strategic direction are in place
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure it is well spent
The Headteacher is responsible for the day to day management of the school and the role of the Governing Body is to provide strategic management, and to act as a “critical friend”, supporting the work of the Headteacher and other staff.
The full Governing Body meet once a term and there are also two sub-committees that each meet twice a term.
Public minutes for all Governing Body meetings are available upon request. Please contact the governors by email: email@example.com for more details.
Paper copies of Governor documents and minutes are available upon request
Pinner Wood School Instrument of Government
1. The name of the school is Pinner Wood School
2. The School is a community school
3. The name of the governing body is ‘The governing body of Pinner Wood School’
4. The governing body shall consist of:
a. Five parent governors
b. One LA Governor
c. One staff governor
d. One Headteacher
e. Six co-opted governors (of whom two, but no more than two, are at the time of their appointment, eligible to be appointed or elected as staff governors)
5. The total number of governors is 14
6. The term of office is 4 years
7. This instrument of government comes into effect on 29th November 2013
8. This instrument was made by order of the London Borough of Harrow Local Authority on 29th November 2013
9. A copy of this instrument is supplied to every member of the governing body
Which focuses on personnel matters, finance, health and safety, building and the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of the school.
Members – Georgiana Lisk (chair), Andrew Mortimer (Vice Chair), Ophelie Barbet, Lindsay Collins, Rinku Harjani, Tuli Palit, Sarah marriott, Jo Bretayne, Michelle Grace and Tara Oldham (Clerk)
Children, Curriculum and Attainment
Which focuses on changes and the implementation of the curriculum, setting standards and monitoring attainment and progress of our pupils as well as focusing on communication with our stakeholders and building links with our community.
Members – Joel Suthesh (Chair), Rinku Harjani (Vice Chair), Ophelie Barbet, Fahim Chowdhury, Dhurita Radia, Tejal Tanna, Linsday Collins, Tuli Palit, Hannah Copas, Heather Loake and Jo Bretayne
Voting rights for Associate Members
They CAN attend full governing board meetings but CAN’T vote, CAN chair and vote in committee meetings if agreed by the governing board, CAN’T cast deciding votes in a committee if the vote is evenly split.