If you want your child to join Pinner Wood Nursery application forms are now online via Harrow Council admissions website.
For Nursery places commencing September 2023 children should be born between 1st September 2019 and the 31st August 2020.
At Pinner Wood School we have a school based nursery. We offer 15 hour places for either a Morning or an Afternoon Session. In addition to this we also offer 30 hour places for people that are eligible.
Allocation per session
Morning sessions: 13
Afternoon sessions: 13
30 hour sessions (must meet eligibility criteria - see below): 13
Application forms to be completed online by clicking here.
After completing the application form, you will need to send the following documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Proof of the child's date of birth e.g. birth certificate or passport
- Proof of the child's address
Proof of address
To provide proof of address you will need to provide one of the following documents.
The document should contain your full name and address. We cannot accept documents that only have your initial and surname.
- Council Tax bill
- Tenancy agreement arranged through a letting/estate agent - must be stamped or on letter headed paper
- Housing Benefit letter
If you do not pay the council tax or cannot provide any other document from the above list, please provide a signed letter from the council tax payer confirming you are living at the property and two documents from the list below. The documents should contain your full name and address.
Child Benefit/Tax credits letter
- Driving licence
- Employers letter which states your name and address
- Medical Card
- Job Centre/National Insurance Letter
- HMRC letter
- Confirmation of registration on the electoral roll
Please email all supporting documents to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions & Criteria for applying for a 30 hour place at Pinner Wood School starting in September 2023
Pinner Wood Nursery 30 hour sessions run Monday to Friday from 8.40am - 3.00pm term time only.
To meet the 30 hour criteria you must confirm the following:
1. I/We confirm my child is born between 1st September 2019 and 31st August 2020.
2. I/We can confirm we are eligible for a 30 hour nursery place. Please check your eligibility by visiting https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/how-to-apply-for-30-hours-free-childcare/ .
3. I/ We can confirm that we are looking to send my child to Pinner Wood for Reception.
4. I/We will complete the Nursery Admissions form.
5. I/We understand the 30 hour offer is not flexible and our child will be expected to have regular attendance at all sessions. Please note as you will be receiving 30 hour Government funding for your place a very specific absence criteria applies. Please read the attendance information below as stated on page 12-13 of The Early Years Providers Handbook.
Holiday - To continue to receive funding a child must take no more than 2 weeks (10 school days) holiday throughout the academic year. If the holiday is for more than two weeks, then the funding will only be paid for half a term. If the child then takes another holiday of any length during the same academic year, no further funding will be paid.
Illness and Absence - If there are exceptional circumstances, for example when a child is genuinely absent due to illness or sickness, the provider (Pinner Wood) should contact FIS to discuss and clarify funding for the child.
It is important that 30 hour funded pupils follow the absence policy set out in the Handbook.
Failure to attend may result in your child’s place being withdrawn for 30 hour funding.
6. I/We have read and understand the attendance information and agree to reimburse Pinner Wood for any loss incurred in funding should my child not attend as required.
7. I/We understand that to access the funding, children must remain in Pinner Wood nursery for a minimum of two weeks. Should parents choose to remove their child before this qualifying period, the parents will be liable for all costs incurred.
8. I/We will report my child’s absence to the school office every day they will not be attending by 9.30am either by leaving a message on the attendance line, Parent Mail or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. I/We agree to give at least a terms notice of withdrawing our child’s place at Pinner Wood nursery.
We currently have 13 spaces at 30 hours in our nursery. If more applications are received than there are places for 30 hours, places will be offered to children in the following order:
- Looked after children or previously looked after children by a local authority.
- Children referred by Harrow’s Special Educational Needs Assessment and Review Service.
- Children of staff.
- Sibling link (i.e. older brothers/sisters). Children with a brother or sister attending Pinner Wood school at the time of admission.
- Any other children. If, under any criterion, there are more children than there are places remaining in the nursery, then the available places will be offered to child(ren) who live closest. Distance will be measured in a straight line from home to the centre point of the school site.
As there is no statutory requirement for nursery there is no right of appeal. Should a 30 hour offer be made it will be necessary for you to ensure you check your child’s eligibility and have your code validated by the school office. This code should be received by the school office no later than 30th June 2023.
Please Note: A 30 hours place cannot be started if your Validity Date has expired and you have entered your Grace Period - please ensure that you have reconfirmed before your child is due to start
A full copy of the Early Years Providers Handbook is available at: https://www.harrow.gov.uk/downloads/file/30187/Provider_Handbook_April_2022.pdf
Please ensure you read and understand the content of the terms on which the funding for which you are applying for will be paid by the Council. Please note in particular the following information contained in the handbook;
- the nature of the offer and admissions criteria available to parents at the point a child first accesses provision at their setting; and
- funding arrangements as described at paragraphs 2.20 to 2.22 in the Early Years Handbook; and
- those eligibility for funding criteria at section 3 of the Early Years Handbook; and
- those Charging Guidelines at paragraph 4.12 to 4.20 and
- the Additional Support Information at paragraphs 5.2 to 5.11; and
- the consequences of make a fraudulent claim at section 6; and
- information about to whom to complain at section 7.