Home Learning at Pinner Wood
At Pinner Wood, we work closely with families to ensure that children are supported with all their learning.
We communicate the key topics and associated knowledge and skills through half termly ‘Curriculum Newsletters’ and ‘ Knowledge Organisers’ which can be found on the class pages.
Parents receive regular updates on practical learning in class via Tapestry (EYFS) and Seesaw (Y1-Y6). We also encourage children to post learning experiences from home on these platforms.
To support children’s basic skills, we set weekly English and Maths homework. This includes:
- Reading independent reading books which are changed twice a week (parents to sign homework diaries)
- Reading library books which are changed once a fortnight
- Learning spellings which are tested once a week
- Playing age appropriate English games online, such as Reading Eggs and Spelling Shed
- Playing age appropriate Maths games online, such as MyMaths and Timestables Rockstars
- Completing an Oracy task on Seesaw
Half Termly Project Learning
We set a choice of half termly tasks based around our key topics for Geography or History. Children can complete as many of these tasks as they wish and present their work in any form. Some children create models, some make videos, some publish books and some write songs, creativity and choice are key!
Digital Detox weeks take place once each half term. Your child’s home learning that week will be offline and connected to a whole school project.